Here, we have chosen a selection of five worksheets to use within the first few weeks of the Autumn term with your new year 1s. The focus is on counting and number recognition to 10. This pack features the following worksheets:
- Counting Objects: count a set of objects and a certain number of objects from a larger group.
- Numerals and Words (Up to 10): A cut-and-stick matching activity where children can pair up numerals, word and pictorial representations of numbers up to 10.
- Comparing Numbers: Introduce the language of more than, less than and equal to as students count objects and compare amounts.
- 1 More, 1 Less: Use number frames to find one more and one less than numbers up to 20 and then find one more and one less from any given two-digit number.
- Making 10: Practise number bonds to 10.