Here we have chosen a selection of five worksheets to use within the first few weeks of the Autumn term with your new year 5s. The focus is on the place value of numbers to 1,000,000. This pack features the following worksheets:
- Numbers to 1,000,000: use Gattegno charts to read and represent numbers.
- Writing Numbers in Numerals from Words: place digits in a place value grid to write numbers as numerals. Don’t forget those placeholder zeros!
- Using Place Value to Find More or Less Than a Given Number: more Gattegno charts to find powers of 10 more or less than numbers with up to 6 digits.
- Partitioning Numbers to 1,000,000: make use of part-whole models and addition statements in order to partition numbers according to their place value.
- Roman Numerals: extend knowledge of Roman Numerals to 1,000.