What is the resource?
This printable PDF makes those tricky inequality symbols less confusing! With colourful visuals and explanations, it caters to primary and early secondary learners.
Why are inequality symbols important?
Maths isn't just about equal signs (=). Inequalities show us when things aren't equal, offering a much richer tool for comparing and solving problems:
- Budgeting: Your pocket money has a limit – that's an inequality!
- Measurements: Heights, weights, distances – we often need 'less than' or 'greater than'.
- Problem-solving: Inequalities set boundaries for realistic answers.
Why is this resource helpful?
The resource makes learning inequality symbols easier:
- Visuals rule: Arrows and number lines clarify what each symbol means.
- Bite-sized explanations: Uses plain language to clear up the 'greater than' or 'less than' confusion.
- Everyday examples: Connect symbols to real-world situations that kids understand.
- Printable PDF: Perfect as a classroom handout or as a revision reference tool.
This resource offers a strong foundation for inequalities. This means fewer errors and greater confidence in tackling maths problems later on.
Also, have a look at our wide range of worksheets that are specifically curated to help your students practice their skills related to Inequalities. These teaching resources and worksheets are in PDF format and can be downloaded easily.