Half Protractor (One per page)
What is the resource?
This PDF has large half-circle protractors designed for individual student use. Best for learners starting to grasp angle measurement in primary or early secondary.
Why is measuring angles important?
It goes deeper than classroom tasks – angle skills pop up everywhere:
- Making things: Crafts, furniture, DIY getting those angles right matters for fit and function.
- Navigation & maps: Reading angles is essential for directions, building plans, and even GPS tools.
- Science & Nature: From eye angles to crystal forms measuring explains what we observe.
- Games & Hobbies: The launch angle of a throw, the slope of a ramp even fun needs numbers!
Why is this resource helpful?
Large protractors make learning to measure angles less clumsy and frustrating:
- Easier to read: Bold lines and clearly marked degrees boost accuracy for new users.
- Focus on basics: Simplifies practice on angles up to 180° without multiple scales.
- Hands-on experience: Helps link 'how wide' the angle is and its number - building intuition.
- Printable PDF: Teachers can give every student their own tool & avoid sharing issues.
These protractors support success. Kids discover measuring angles can be easy & practical, boosting confidence for more complex maths ahead.
Also, have a look at our wide range of worksheets that are specifically curated to help your students practice their skills related to Angles. These teaching resources and worksheets are in PDF format and can be downloaded easily.