Small Equilateral Triangles
What is the resource?
This PDF provides sheets of printable equilateral triangles (all sides the same length). Variations with or without grid lines are offered. It targets primary learners.
Why are equilateral triangles important?
Their special properties unlock loads of learning potential:
- Tessellations: These triangles tile neatly with no gaps – forming patterns.
- Building blocks: Many 3D shapes (pyramids!) start from triangles.
- Strong structures: In architecture and design, triangles offer rigidity.
- Angle discovery: Each angle inside these triangles is the same – a key geometry concept.
Why is this resource helpful?
It makes learning hands-on and supports different learners:
- Visualising shapes: Kids can physically play with and combine the triangles.
- Grid option: Supports early graphing and spatial understanding.
- Open-ended: Works for tessellation challenges, art projects, building models...
- Differentiation: Teachers can vary task complexity to suit student needs.
- Printable PDF: Offers endless copies for class activities, homework, or displays.
This resource helps bridge concrete manipulation and abstract geometry ideas. This lays the groundwork for more complex maths studies.
Also, have a look at our wide range of worksheets that are specifically curated to help your students practice their skills related to different types of 3D shapes. These teaching resources and worksheets are in PDF format and can be downloaded easily.