What is the Inter Quartile Range?
This resource focuses on the interquartile range (IQR), a measure of spread or variability in a dataset.
Why is the interquartile range important?
The IQR helps us understand:
- Distribution: How the middle 50% of the data is spread out.
- Outliers: Identifies potential unusual values in a dataset.
- Consistency: Compares variability across different datasets.
How can this resource help?
This resource provides a clear explanation and examples:
- Definition: Explains what the IQR represents.
- Calculation: Shows how to find the IQR using quartiles.
- Visuals: Uses box plots to illustrate the concept.
- Free PDF download: Offers an accessible reference tool.
Benefits for learners:
- Improves understanding of data spread and variability.
- Develop IQR calculation and interpretation skills.
- Supports learning about quartiles and box plots.
This resource is perfect for teachers introducing the IQR or for providing revision support. It's also valuable for students needing extra practice or for parents helping with maths homework.
Also, have a look at our wide range of worksheets that are specifically curated to help your students practice their skills related to box plots. These teaching resources and worksheets are in PDF format and can be downloaded easily.