Cazoom Maths Teaching Resources: Small Circles
What is the resource?
This PDF provides pages filled with small circle shapes. Different versions with blank or gridded interiors are included. Ideal for primary-level learners.
Why are circles important?
Circles pop up everywhere, making them important for understanding the world:
- Wheels & movement: How fast, which direction... all linked to circular design.
- Measuring basics: Understanding the parts of a circle – key to area and more.
- Telling time: Clock faces are circular, these skills link to angle study.
- Data display: Circle shapes form clear pie charts and other ways to visualise data.
Why is this resource helpful?
Small circles encourage active learning of maths concepts:
- Hands-on fractions: Cutting up circles into equal parts makes fractions concrete.
- Exploring angles: Circles hold 360°... folding can uncover central angles.
- Visualising area: How many tiny squares cover a circle? Makes the area less abstract.
- Creative projects: Circles offer shapes for art, maths displays, and even board games.
- Printable PDFs: Offers limitless ready-to-use circles for classwork or activities.
This resource grounds learning in physical experience. Students discover key ideas by manipulating simple shapes with surprising power.
Also, have a look at our wide range of worksheets that are specifically curated to help your students practice their skills related to similarity and congruence. These teaching resources and worksheets are in PDF format and can be downloaded easily.