Fractions Decimals Percentages Help Sheet
What is the resource?
This PDF offers a reference chart showing how to convert between fractions, decimals, and percentages. Designed for learners needing support with this skill (upper primary +).
Why is converting number forms important?
Real-life situations often present the same quantity in different formats:
- Recipe units: ¼ cup, but measures use decimals! Understanding how to switch makes cooking possible.
- Sales & discounts: Sometimes it's a %, sometimes a fraction of kids need fluency to make quick choices.
- Data & reports: Numbers may be percentages for easy grasp, but then need converting for calculation.
- Later maths prep: This kind of 'translating' builds flexibility of thinking vital for algebra and beyond.
Why is this resource helpful?
It acts as a 'safety net' and promotes practice by offering these supports:
- Common conversions only: Reduces overwhelm, focuses on those most often needed 'off the top of one's head'.
- Worked examples: Kids don't just have the answer, they're shown steps for when this sheet isn't handy.
- Clear organization: Helps kids find the bit they need fast, even those stressed during assessments.
- Printable PDF: Ensures learners use the same source at school or home for review and reference.
This helps move away from rote memorization. Kids discover patterns and logic within the different notations, boosting number sense overall.
Also, have a look at our wide range of worksheets that are specifically curated to help your students practice their skills related to FDP. These teaching resources and worksheets are in PDF format and can be downloaded easily.